Sunday, May 13, 2012

Use woods toothpaste for white teeth and mouth cancer





 A container of Woods Areca Nut Toothpaste at the Museum of Human Disease

Woods Areca Nut toothpaste, sold in Europe during the late 19th century, was made from the pulverised charcoal of betel nuts, also known as areca nuts. While the toothpaste turned teeth black during use, it reduced the incidence of dental decay. I've posted an information sheet here about the history of areca nut toothpaste.


Chewing red betel nut fruit is custom in many Asian and Oceanic countries for it's mild stimulant effect. However, the practice is now widely discouraged, as the carcinogenic properties of the betel nut places regular chewers at risk of mouth and oesophageal cancer.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, you make mind blowing ideas about Teeth Whitening services Florida Last time, when I saw your site this was a little good but today I visit the web site again and find that you guys making a very smart work on the site. Today Web surfing is run very fast and a huge competition over the web is spread. So it is quite interesting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor dental health could lead you to severe oral problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I purchase four emails sticking with the same comment. Perhaps there is by any means you may get rid of me from that service? Thanks! Click Here

    ReplyDelete